Tree Removal Northern VA, MD, & DC
Northern VA, MD, & DC are areas that have many trees. The tree canopy and green space from an aerial footage is spectacular to see all the green lush from our area. Our environmental conditions are outstanding for plant life. Humidity, rainfall, storms, mountains, close to the seashore, all make it possible for our beloved trees to grow healthy and strong. However, sometimes the weather extremes can cause detriment for our trees. Droughts are also common in our area, and some tree species do not adapt well to this extreme. Red Oaks are a common tree species example of not overcoming a drought. Many Red Oaks and other species have died, are in decline, or wilting from their root system because of the droughts over the years.
Tree Removal Video with Crane
When a tree goes into decline, it can become a hazardous situation rather quickly. Trees that are in close proximity to people and structures can pose a serious threat – specially in a wind storm. Hazardous trees must be removed than endanger people or structures. Many trees fall on houses each year in our area. Even with proper tree maintenance, sometimes it is unavoidable to prevent a falling tree from storm damage. Not to say most trees in close proximity should be cut down, because that is certainly not the case. Many trees are actually just fine, even when they are close to a house. Hazardous trees with decayed trunks & roots, uprooting trees, trees with a heavy lean towards a structure or heavy traffic area, are the trees we are focusing on here.
If a tree must be removed, a resident home owner or commercial customer should rely on professional tree services that have the proper experience and are insured to handle tree removals. Tree removal is a talent and specialized skill that tree climbers take years to achieve. Here are some things to look for when hiring a tree removal company. MEET OUR TEAM of arborists!
What to look for in a tree removal service company
- Fully Insured – Full Comprehensive & Liability insurance is a must. Make absolute sure that the tree company you are using has full coverage – they should be able to show you a certificate of insurance. If a tree company knocks on your door or cold calls, there is a good chance they do not hold insurance. Most of the professional and trustworthy companies do not need cold call for work.
- Employees & Reputation -Employees make a service company. You know the old saying, You are only as strong as your weakest link. This definitely holds truth. Good employees can have positive affects on a companies reputation and vise versa. Experienced personnel, especially in the field providing tree work is a must. Reputation is the lifeblood of any business. Doing a good job for one customer generally leads to more customers. Referrals have always been and will always be one of the best ways for a customer to feel comfortable using a service professional.
- Safety Conscious -Safety is the absolute most important aspect of tree work. Finding a tree company that is TCIA Accredited, and has a certified safety professional on staff is a good idea.
- Properly Licensed -Make sure the tree company holds the proper licenses for the cities being served. Certain counties and cities require business licenses for a company to do business in that service area.
- Certified Arborists -The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) provides a Certified Arborist credential that is extremely valuable. Ensure that the company selected for performing services has at least 1 certified arborist on staff. JL Tree Service Inc has 3 ISA Certified Arborists on staff. In Maryland, there is also a Maryland Tree Experts License, our company has one on staff.
- Tree Removal Experience -There is no alternative to experience. You either have it or you don’t. Only hire companies that have many years of experience cutting down trees. Especially, in taking down large trees. Many of the tree crews at JL Tree Service Inc have over 10-15+ years experience. Many of the salesmen have over 30 years of experience.
- A Tree Removal Company With Proper Equipment -The last thing a customer wants is an old chipper truck or chipper broke down in their driveway or on their street. Ensure that a tree company has newer and proper equipment to get the job done in a timely manner. Bucket trucks, chipper trucks, chippers, flatbeds, cranes, stump grinding machines, and log trucks are all necessary equipment to own for tree removal services.
- A Tree Service Company That Recycles -So you have a tree company that can cut down a tree, but what do they do with all the wood & debris? It is critical to make sure to go over this detail with a tree company. Are we hauling or leaving the wood & debris. Don’t let a company tell you that it is OK to leave the wood on the street – the City or County will pick it up; No Way! It is not ethical or right to leave debris like this. leaving wood cut up for firewood in a customers property is OK, if it is agreed upon up front. Check to see what a tree company does with their material. The best case is the tree company recycles and processes their own material into firewood and mulch supply – as JL Tree Service Inc does.